Acoustic LifeArtCreateExploreFitnessGamesGreenLiteraryMusic Style

Monday 4 April 2016

Which Woodland Mammal Are You?













I got my favourite - I'm a Red Squirrel!
"I'm a shy person with a great sense of style and I like to be healthy.
The rare red squirrel finds refuge in pockets of mixed species, coniferous woodland.  
A solitary and agile creature, it spends most of its time living in trees.  It relies on trees for shelter and as a varied and reliable source of seeds and nuts."
My favourite colour is red, and from a very early age I have always loved red squirrels and foxes for their red fur colour.  My two favourite woodland creatures.  I have only once seen a red fox in real life, in the dark rummaging around some bins on it's nightly walk.  Only round the corner from where I live, amazing to think such beautiful woodland creatures can live amongst us and we have no idea they are there.

I've never seen a red squirrel in the flesh, though I do have plenty of grey squirrels in my town, both in the park, and happily living amongst the trees down the side of the local supermarket.  They always strike me as cute and happy creatures.  I think the phrase 'bright-eyed and bushy tailed' probably comes from them, and I am happy to say I have been called that before, indicating a bubbly happy-go-lucky personality.  I always get a little thrill whenever I see these happy little creatures.  I hope you do too.

What's your favourite Woodland Creature?  Why not take the Woodland Trust's quick test, to see Which Woodland Mammal Are You?

Photo Credit:  Both images courtesy of the Woodland Trust Media Library (WT/ML)

No comments:

Post a Comment