Acoustic LifeArtCreateExploreFitnessGamesGreenLiteraryMusic Style

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Birthday Wisdom When You're Getting A Little Long In The Tooth

Sometimes wisdom can come from the most unlikely of places.  I was making a new appointment with my dentist today, when he told me it would be just after my next birthday.
"Oh, I'll be another year older." I said.
To which he replied, "It's better than the alternative!" 
It's funny but I've never thought of it like that before.  When I was younger I was excited about each new birthday coming up, I had my whole life ahead of me!  But these days, I've been seeing every approaching birthday as just another year older.  I haven't been geting as excited about my age each year as I did in my teens and my twenties.  But now that I've heard this unexpected piece of wisdom from my dentist, I'm a little more excited to be alive!

The only alternative to living (and aging), is dying.  And I don't want to do that.  So now I'm going to think of my birthday as a time to celebrate another year of crazy things I get the chance to do - because I'm lucky enough to be alive to do them!

Photo Credit:  Image by John Kay - Flickr Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment