Acoustic LifeArtCreateExploreFitnessGamesGreenLiteraryMusic Style

Monday 30 November 2015

New Music Monday... 2CELLOS - They Don't Care About Us

I'm introducing a new feature to my blog, New Music Monday, to introduce you to songs and music artists you may not have stumbled across before or paid too much attention to.  And if you have heard of them before, then I hope you stay awhile and enjoy them.  I aim to cover various musical genres, in an attempt to expand my own repertoire of musical tastes, and hopefully introduce you to some new and exciting music!

2CELLOS

This week it's 2CELLOS, a Croatian duo, consisting of Luka Šulić and Stjepan Hauser, who play mainly instrumental versions of popular rock, pop and classical pieces on their two cellos.  Considering they play classical instruments, and are both classically trained, you would think they would be very formal and stuffy on stage.  This is completely not the case, as you will see in the video below, they give their all to the music and the performance, almost as if acting out the piece.  They play passionately, and what I love most about them, is they play pieces we are familiar with, and they play rocky versions of them.  And yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt that they are young and good looking too!

Enjoy...  



2CELLOS - They Don't Care About Us (Michael Jackson cover)
Youtube video
I thoroughly enjoyed this song, and I have loved everything I've heard from them.  I can't wait to hear more.  If after watching the video above you want to hear more, you can check out their other videos on Youtube, their third album Celloverse is available worldwide, and they have just announced new Tour Dates in the USA and Canada, with 41 shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment