Acoustic LifeArtCreateExploreFitnessGamesGreenLiteraryMusic Style

Monday 18 January 2016

#MusicMonday... Meet Violinist, Lindsey Stirling

I recently stumbled upon Lindsey Stirling's Youtube channel, and I'm so glad I did.  She is a very talented violinist, but what is most unusual about her is that she dances, whilst playing her violin, both in music videos and live on stage.  I find it captivating and absolutely beautiful.  I have seen her dance ballet as well as more funky modern stage dance style.  

I would love to be able to do what she does.  Though the violin may well be beyond me as a musical instrument (though to be honest, I've never tried it), I quite fancy trying some of the music she plays on Harmonica.  I think the sounds she makes on the violin would lend itself nicely to the sound of the Harmonica.  And I would really like to learn to play some classical music on Harmonica too.  I would no doubt struggle attempting to dance like that whilst playing Harmonica though, I very much doubt I could hold my breath steady for playing the notes whilst leaping and kicking my legs up, though it would be so much fun to try!

I think one of my favourite videos by Lindsey Stirling is the cowboy western themed Roundtable Revival, it's fun and funky, and I love Lindsey's wardrobe in this.  I would love to feel confident enough to express myself with hair, make-up and fashion choices like this.  



I love that she is quirky and fun. and really expressive in her music videos and performances, with beautifully matched dance choreography, full of personality and sass, and beautiful costumes to suit the music.  A true inspiration.  And so full of encouragement and kindness to her fans, she wishes them the best and to truly believe in themselves, believe in their dreams, and work at making their own dreams come true.  How lovely is that?

And just because I can't get over how awesome she is, here is another music video by Lindsey Stirling, where she teams up with Lzzy Hale from the rock band Halestorm, to perform Shatter Me.  An amazing video with a beautiful story and fantastic special effects, and I love the steampunk theme.  I can fast see me wanting a Lindsey Stirling album!  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment